1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools, we also allow teams affiliated with their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four up to six teams each, depending on the final number of teams in each age category.
- 1.4 - The place on the IberCup group table will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded to a win, one point to a draw and zero points to a loss.
- 1.5 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided as follows:
1st. Goal difference.
2st. The highest number of goals scored.
3rd. Results of the match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4th. The highest number of victories
5th. The youngest average age team
- 1.6 - The competition system is determined by the following rules:
1.6.1 - Teams will meet each other in the group stage playing on round-robin series.
1.6.2 - The order among the teams will be decided according to points.
1.6.3 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during the group stage, all the results will be changed to 0-3 in favour of the opponent.
1.6.4 - Categories Rules
18.104.22.168 - Categories - Boys 2015 / 2004 / 2005 F / 2007 F / 2009 F / 2011 F
The top 4 teams in each group advance to the Gold Playoff matches and the rest are eliminated.
22.214.171.124 - Categories - Boys 2010/ 2008/ 2007 / 2006
The best two teams (1st and 2nd) team in each group pf the Group Stage advance to the Playoff Gold stage.
The 3rd and 4th place of each gropu in the Group Stage advance to the Playoff Silver stage and the rest are eliminated.
126.96.36.199 - Categories - Boys 2014 / 2013 / 2012 / 2011 / 2009
The top 2 teams in each group advance to the GoldPlayoff matches and the other teams advance to the Silver Playoff matches.
- 1.7 - Super Groups
- 1.8 - Playoffs matches
1.8.1 - All Playoff matches will be decided by the IberCup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
1.8.2 - In the event that a match ends with a draw in the playoff stage, the winner will be decided by penalty shootout according to FIFA rules.
188.8.131.52 - All players of any age category are allowed to participate in the penalty shootout decision, as long they are registered in the match.
- 1.9 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during the group stage, all results will be changed to 0-3 in favour of the opponent.
- 1.10 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during playoff matches, the opposing team will move on in the competition.
- 1.11 - When a match ends in a playoff game and the teams are tied, the winner will be decided by penalties shootout.
1.11.1 - FIFA rules will apply with a series of 5 scorers in each team where any player registered in the match can score the penalty.
1.11.2 - In case the teams finish tied at the end of the round of 5 penalties, the winner will be found after one team can score and the other fails in its turn.
2 - Age Categories
- Born in 2015 - 7v7
- Born in 2014 - 7v7
- Born in 2013 - 7v7
- Born in 2012 - 7v7
- Born in 2011 - 7v7
- Born in 2010 - 11v11
- Born in 2009 - 11v11
- Born in 2008 - 11v11
- Born in 2007 - 11v11
- Born in 2006 - 11v11
- Born in 2004 - 11v11
- Born in 2011 - 7v7
- Born in 2009 - 11v11
- Born in 2007 - 11v11
3 - Players
- 3.1 - In all categories, the maximum number of players per team is:
- Fut 11 - 26 Players
- Fut 7 - 14 Players
- 3.1.1 - Age categories with 7v7 and 11v11 format - Maximum of 6 and minimum of 2 team leaders per team.
- 3.2 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.3 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
- 3.3.1 - If players change the numbers between games, the coach or team leader must update this information before the start of the game in the IberCoach App or all game statistics from that player will be wrong.
- 3.4 - Teams can use all the players that are registred on the system for the competition.
- 3.5 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
- 3.5.1 - A substituted player may reenter in the match.
- 3.5.2 - Substitution can be done without stopping the match, but only after the referee permission.
- 3.5.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
- 3.5.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of legal playing area and after the referee permission.
- 3.6 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with yellow card.
- 3.7 - On a goalkeeper substitution the match has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed.
- 3.8 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.9 - If a player represents a club in several age groups, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams that this player will be playing for.
- 3.9.1 - If a player represents a club in several age groups, but is only registred for one team, the player will not be allowed to participate for the rest of the teams. If this happens, he will be excluded from the competition and the team will lose by 0-3 the mateches in which this player participated.
- 3.10 - If a club competes with two or more teams in the same age category, players from those teams cannot switch teams. If this happens, they will be excluded from the competition and the team will lose by 0-3 the mateches in which these players participated.
- 3.11 - Teams that use players who do not appear on the registration form may be excluded from the tournament.
- 3.12 - Players are not allowed to register throughout the competition. The limit for registering players is up to 24 hours before the start of the first match. After validation and accreditation, no further player registrations are accepted.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - On the age categories with 7v7 competition formats, there will be 2 (two) halfs of 20 (twenty) minutes each.
- 4.2 - On the age categories with 11v11 competition format, there will be 2 (two) halfs of 25 (twenty five) minutes each.
- 4.3 - There will be 2 minutes Half-Time for all the matches in all the age categories.
- 4.4 - All the matches will start on time, according to the schedules disclosed.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Match Sheet:
5.1.1 - In all matches, it is mandatory to check the online match sheet with the field manager before the match starts.
5.1.2 - All players registered in the competition must be included in the match sheet.
5.1.3 - If a player is not on the match sheet, it cannot be used in the match. In this case, the team leader should contact the competition's administrative services to solve the situation.
184.108.40.206 - Any player or leader not included on the roster, cannot access the technical area.
5.1.4 - The match sheet is always active with the information from the previous match. If it needs to be updated, the team leader must make changes to the IberCoach App before the next match begins.
5.1.5 - The team leaders MUST confirm the player's list numbers for the match on the IberStaff App, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes in the match incidences.
5.1.6 - Even if there has been no change in the player's jersey numbers compared to the previous match, the team leader must always validate the match in the IberCoach app, 45 minutes before the game starts, or the match may not start at the scheduled time.
5.1.7 - All players on the team list are considered as if they have participated in the match.
5.1.8 -Random controls of team lists and Participant lists will be carried out.
5.1.9 - For teams that do not validate the match sheet 15 min before the match schedule, a Walk Over may be applied. The organization may apply a fine of 100€ or prevent the team from playing again until this fine is regularized.
- 5.2 - Player's Uniforms:
5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys are MANDATORY.
220.127.116.11 - If the player does not have a number on the jersey, he/she will need to add "manually" a number with a ribbon or will not be allowed to play the match.
5.2.2 - The number of players on the match sheet must match the numbers on the jerseys.
5.2.3 - Two players from the same team cannot use the same number in the match.
5.2.4 - The number that each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
5.2.5 - If a player changes the number`s shirt from the previous game, this information must be updated on the online match sheet with the field staff prior to the start of the match.
5.2.6 - No player can change numbers during the same match. Failure to comply with this rule will give the player a yellow card and will need to leave the pitch to wear the appropriate jersey.
18.104.22.168 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or she is using an authorized jersey number and with the referee's consent.
5.2.7 - If the teams use the same equipment color, the choice of who changes equipment, will be made with a coin toss challenge. Whoever loses will have to change equipment.
5.2.8 - The use of a shinguard is mandatory in all matches.
5.2.9 - The use of aluminum studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11v11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots. The use of aluminum studs on artificial turf fields is expressly prohibited.
- 5.3 - Before and after the match:
5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control, in case they are asked.
5.3.2 - All team leaders or coaches will have to immediately after the end of each match, validate the online match sheet with their PIN that is available in the MyTeam Info area on the website. Failure to validate may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
- 5.4 - MatchBalls
5.4.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
5.4.2 - For 7v7 all matches will use size 4.
5.4.3 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own match balls.
5.4.4 - The organization does not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
6 - Registration - Team Roster - Age Control
6.1 - Players Registration
6.1.1 - The team manager will have access to the My Team Info area as soon as the first payment or deposit is made, which will allow you to register your players in advance in the system.
6.1.2 - Information required in player registration (Full Name / Date of Birth / Identification Number / Photo / Position)
6.1.3 - After the registration is successfully submitted, the team leader must send to the organization, no later than 30 days before the start of the competition, the document images of the players by email or the photos of their documents by WhatsApp.
6.1.4 - Before sending the players documents to the organization to confirm their identification, teams must have the player's photo uploaded to their profile, so we can check the ID document with the photo on the website.
6.1.5 - After receiving all the documentation, we can proceed to the online accreditation of the players.
6.1.6 - If the team manager does not make the accreditation following the steps indicated, the player will not be allowed to participate.
6.1.7 - Please note that in previous editions some players were prevented from participating because their team leaders have not respected the deadline for this process, and the players are thus prevented from participating and all fees received will be lost.
6.2 - Online Accreditation:
6.2.1 - Online accreditation can only be initiated when all the steps of the player registration process are completed with the proper documentation on our side (Identification / Photo / Scanning of documents)
6.2.2 - The online accreditation process is validated through the list of players registered on the website along with the photo already registered in the system, through all the documentation sent to the organization.
6.2.3 - Up to 30 days before the start of the tournament all players must be accredited. After this date, we will charge an additional administrative fee of € 100 per team that has not finished the online accreditation on time.
6.2.4 - If there are some players who at the time of the online accreditation still do not have their photo uploaded in the system, they will not have their accreditation valid and are not allowed to participate.
6.2.5 - Players who are not verified in online accreditation, will not be authorized from participating even if they present themselves on the day of the match with some personal identification document.
6.2.6 - Teams will only appear visible online on our website in the match schedule, when the entire online accreditation process of the team is complete and may be excluded from the competition, being replaced by another local team if it is not finalized online accreditation by 30 days before the start of the tournament.
6.2.7 - In order for players to be officially registered and have the accreditation process completed, all payments will have to be made by the teams.
6.2.8 - Valid documents are:
22.214.171.124 - For teams from Spain we accept the player's card of the local football association to which they belong or the citizen card.
126.96.36.199 - For foreign teams, we will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated).
6.2.9 - This card must have the full name, photo, identification number, and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport.
6.2.10 - Players travelling from countries where there is no obligation to present a passport to enter Spain, the organization will only need a valid ID card (legal card of a government institution and plastic-coated).
6.2.11 - During the check-in, the organization will ask to the teams for the insurance documentation, which must cover the participants till the end of the tournament. In case this document would not be provided, the team cannot participate in the competition.
6.3 - Face-to-face Accreditation:
6.3.1 - It is mandatory to make the face-to-face accreditation in person upon arrival at the tournament.
6.3.2 - The team leaders will be informed in advance of where they can perform this procedure before the start of the tournament
6.3.3 - The team manager is only authorized to carry out face-to-face accreditation to collect the team kit if the online accreditation process is completed.
6.3.4 - All teams verified and with the accreditation made online, only need to collect the team kit at the competition office, not necessary to go through long lines on the days reserved for this purpose.
6.3.5 - If there is a player with a pending verification by the organization, it can no longer be validated when they go to the office to carry out face-to-face accreditation unless in extreme cases where they need to replace one injured player for another.
6.3.6 - For teams traveling by plane or in their own transport, the team kit can be collected at the competition office (Place to be defined closer to the date) after they have checked into their accommodations.
6.3.7 - For local teams, the team kit must be collected in the competition office (Place to be defined closer to the date) 2 days before the competition.
6.3.8 - If any local team manager collects the team kit just 1 day before the competition, he will have to wait in long lines and have no priority in relation to the teams with accommodation in the competition and who will do the face-to-face accreditation on that day.
6.3.9 - Only the person in charge of the team needs to be present at face-to-face accreditation to collect the team kit and receive some important information.
6.3.10 - If the team leaders do not carry out face-to-face accreditation, teams may NOT participate in the first match.
6.4 - Age Control:
6.4.1 - With the online accreditation system, teams do not need to bring player identification documents with them to the matches.
6.4.2 - Age control with a random check to the teams, can be done at any time.
6.4.3 - This age control will be carried out through our Staff duly identified with "Age Control" through the visual confirmation between the players and the profile that is registered in the system.
6.5 - Match Sheet:
6.5.1 - Up to 45 minutes before the start of the match all teams must be prepared and the team leader must confirm online in the IberCoach App the line-up of the player`s so that the match starts with the correct line-up numbers on the player's jerseys and in the app.
6.5.2 - Even if there has been no change in the player's jersey numbers compared to the previous match, the team leader must always validate the match in the IberCoach app, 45 minutes before the game starts, or the match may not start at the scheduled time.
6.5.3 - This period may serve to confirm the age of the players with the competition officials if necessary and also to validate the correct number of players on their jerseys.
6.5.4 - If the team manager does not confirm the player's numbers in the official player's roster for the match in the IberCoach App, 45 min before the match starts, the match will not be able to start at the scheduled time.
6.5.5 - The team leader should have this procedure automated in all their matches, to avoid any error of information about the incidents of the match such as the number of the goal scorer and their assists.
6.5.6 - For teams that do not validate the match sheet 15 min before the match schedule, a Walk Over may be applied. The organization may apply a fine of 100€ or prevent the team from playing again until this fine is regularized.
7 - Special authorizations (number of players per team who are at most one year older than the age of that category) to participate
- 7.1 - Exemptions will be automatically given in the Boys categories to:
- 7.1.1 - Fut 7v7 - 2 Players will be automatically accepted.
- 7.1.2 - Fut 11v11 - 3 Players will be automatically accepted.
- 7.1.3 - Fut 11v11 - 2004 and 2006 - 5 Players will be automatically accepted.
- 7.2 - Exemptions will be automatically given in the Girls categories to:
- 7.2.1 - Fut 7v7 - 3 players will be automatically accepted.
- 7.2.2 - Fut 11v11 - 5 Players will be automatically accepted.
- 7.3 - Note that, you cannot use older players by changing them between teams.
8 - 7v7 Rules
- 8.1 - Competition formats:
8.1.1 - In 7v7 competitions, all categories play with 7 players on the field (one goalkeeper and six players on the field).
- 8.2 - Offside Rules:
8.2.1 - The offside rule also applies on the competition's 7v7, between the offside 7x7 line/penalty area and the goal line.
- 8.3 - Goal Kick:
8.3.1 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimits the goal area.
8.3.2 - On the goal kick, the game is on as soon as the ball is kicked and clearly moves (Doesn't need to leave the goal area).
8.3.3 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is kicked and clearly moves.
8.3.4 - Teammates can be inside the goal area at the time of the goal kick.
8.3.5 - If the opponent's team enter the goal area before the ball is touched, the throw will be repeated.
- 8.4 - Other Rules:
8.4.1 - Every time the match starts from the center of the field, it is necessary at least two touches on the ball to validate a goal (i.e. it is not valid a direct shot from the middle of the field unless the ball touches someone).
8.4.2 - All side throws are played with hands and all corners are played with the foot.
8.4.3 - It is not allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she picks up the ball with the hands.
8.4.4 - All other main referee rules will apply in addition to the above points.
9 - Match Fields
- 9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial turf.
- 9.2 - The fields will be divided into the different complexes in the area.
- 9.3 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or coin toss challenge.
- 9.4 - Other fields may be used if the number of teams is much higher than expected.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, at any time before and during the competition.
- 10.2 - In case of any changes, team leaders will be promptly informed, but it is the responsibility of the teams to check on the website 2 hours before the match starts, where it will take place.
- 10.3 - You should consult the match calendars all the time, especially when going to the next stages, as the organization may be forced to make changes to the times and locations of the matches due to logistical requirements.
- 11.1 - All referees are members of the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have at least 2 or 3 referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 7v7 competitions have 1 referee.
11.3.1 - For the semifinals and finals on the Gold Playoff`s, in the 7v7 competitions, the IberCup may, if possible, have two assistants in addition to the referee.
- 11.4 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule.
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 minutes after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - Any protest to be analyzed will have a fee of 100€, paid at that time the protest is delivered at the competition office.
13.3.1 - This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees' decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - In all the categories, if a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another during the match, except on the 11v11 age categories.
- 13.5.1 - The player with the red card can participate in the next match unless the referee reports the incident as very serious. In this case, the jury must analyze and define whether or not the player will be suspended for one or more matches.
- 13.5.2 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.6 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.7 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - Walk Over
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear for a match, without a valid reason, can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (máx 40 min).
14.2.1 - In exceptional situations, the match can be rescheduled for another time in the same day or for the another day, in case there aren`t any venues available when the teams arrive.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the matches, the team may be excluded from the competition.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offense, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - Any team that misses a match for not showing up (no-show) must pay a fee of €100 to play the next match and continue in the competition.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear for the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.6 - In case a team does not appear to the match, the organization is not responsible and will not refund any of the teams.
- 14.7 - If a match is cancelled for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.7.1 - If the match will be replayed from the beginning.
- 14.7.2 - If the match restarts from the minute when it was cancelled.
- 14.7.3 - If the result will be fixed as the final result.
- 14.7.4 - If one of the teams wins 3-0.
- 14.7.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the participants’ roster, are responsible for the conduct of their players in case of damage caused in sports facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff.
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, the Team leader should contact directly the organization staff.
- 15.4 - Rest time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am.
- 15.5 - The meal timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not follow the meal timetables.
15.6 - In case of match delay or some transport delay, the Team leader should inform the organization or the accommodation directly of this situation.
- 15.7 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.8 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the competitions, accommodations and loss of the security deposit.
16 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 16.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct during all the competition.
- 16.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 16.3 - The teams can be expelled from the competition at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team and loose the security deposit.
17 - Insurance and Responsability
- 17.1 - Each player must have medical insurance (related to his Federation, in case the tournament is the season, or a private one).
- 17.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 17.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, death, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injury, illness, death or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades, natural disasters, epidemics or similar events.
17.3.1 - These issues will be resolved under the responsibility of the teams or groups and are not the responsibility of IberCup or the local organization.
- 17.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Portugal must have personal medical insurance.
- 17.5 - The team leaders must know in advance which "hospitals/clinics", with which their insurance company has agreements so that in the case of providing medical services, they can go with their athletes to them.
17.5.1 - If the ambulance drivers are not informed by the managers of the teams which clinic or hospital to be directed to, the team is responsible for paying for the service provided at the hospital to which the player was taken, if the same does not have an agreement with their insurer.
- 17.6 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sports equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation, transportation or in sporting venues.
18 - Water for matches
- 18.1 - The IberCup staff on the fields may have some bottled water for the teams but it's very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 18.2 - Tap water in Portugal area fill the minimum legal standards.
- 18.3 - The organisation recommends buying bottled water, especially for babies.
- 18.4 - You can always buy some bottled water on site.
19 - Changing rooms
- 19.1 - Teams must leave their accommodations already with their uniforms on for the match.
- 19.2 - Some sports complexes may have changing rooms but some are small and due to a large number of teams, your team may not get a place to equip themselves.
- 19.3 - This rule applies to local teams.
- 19.4 - Teams with the accommodation option through the organization, must shower in their own accommodation after they finished the match.
- 19.5 - At the venues of the matches there are lockers where it will be possible to store backpacks and other materials of the teams. In this way, we advise coordinators to have padlocks to lock the lockers.
20 - Guest Players
- 20.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 20.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 20.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual player to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 20.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
21 - Authorizations to participated in IberCup
- 21.1 - All foreign teams should request their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (firstname.lastname@example.org) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools, we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
22 - Tournament Organizers
Easy Choice LDA organises the IberCup Estoril 2023